Responsibilities of patients
With rights, come responsibilities. Every patient has the responsibility of
- Providing information about present and past illness, hospitalizations, medications and other matters related to health history.
- Providing authority to other members to co ordinate in case the patient is unable to communicate.
- Helping the doctor and support staff by following instruction.
- Reporting safety concerns immediately to his/her doctor, nurse and the support staff.
- Maintain decorum, cleanliness and piece in the hospital premises.
- Avoiding drugs, alcoholic beverages or toxic substances which have not been prescribed by the doctor.