1. The department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology looks after only female patients. Obstetrics deals with pregnancy and child birth and in Gynaecology we treat pathological problems.
2. An obstetrician gives pre pregnancy counseling, looks after the woman and her baby during pregnancy, helps with child birth and looks after the woman for six weeks after delivery.
3. A gynaecologist looks after women with diseases of the reproductive system. These include period problems, infections, benign tumors like fibroids and ovarian cysts and cancers.
4. Department also deals with infertility problems of patients who wants to conceive are looked after by this dept., which will look after the gynaecological problems of these patients also.
5. The department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology now has 90 beds 3 units.